About PRS festival
The PRS Festival is an annual multi-genre music, dance, and arts festival that offers a unique three-day cultural experience. This extraordinary event brings together the finest talents in music, dance, art, and culture with a meaningful purpose. Known as “a party with a purpose, ”PRS organizes volunteer programs in partnership with nonprofit organizations, dedicated to serving communities and is deeply committed to supporting organizations like the Boys & Girls Clubs of Puerto Rico, which focuses on empowering children through mentoring, education, and wellness workshops. Furthermore, PRS remains dedicated to fostering economic development in Latino communities through self-sustaining farming programs that utilize innovative hydroponic and clean organic practices, and continues to make a difference with hurricane relief efforts in Puerto Rico.
ABOUT RICHARD “CRAZY LEGS” COLÓN
Richard “Crazy Legs” Colón is a Bronx-born, Puerto Rican dancer, educator and pioneer recognized and respected globally for his Hip Hop and humanitarian contributions. Described as the most iconic Latino figure in Hip Hop history, Colón is the longtime President of legendary dance group, Rock Steady Crew and founder of Backspin Productions, which produces the annual Rock Steady Crew Anniversaries in New York City, as well as Rock Steady For Life, a non-profit organization created in the devastating aftermath of Hurricane Maria and committed to providing relief to the people of Puerto Rico. Since September 2017, Colón’s relief efforts have:
- Provided 195,000+ people all over the island with access to clean drinking water, in partnership with Waves For Water and Red Bull
- Provided 3000 solar lamps to inland areas and the deaf community on the island, in partnership with MPOWERD
- Provided hygienic supplies, basic meds and antibiotics to families on the island
- Raised funds for the purchase of solar power for the Boys & Girls Club of Puerto Rico, in partnership with The 86 Company
- Donated funds to El Departameto de la Comida, Visit Rico and Pura Emuna to support sustainable local agriculture and food sovereignty
- Helped facilitate over 900,000 lbs. of relief good and supplies to the west side of island
- Provided 650+ new toys and games used for rehabilitation to children with disabilities and autism at SER de Puerto Rico, whose toys were destroyed due to flooding after the hurricane
- Been featured on CNN, ABC World News Now, NBC New York, Fox 5 New York, Fox News, Fox Business, NPR, Good Day New York, Huffington Post, Red Bull TV and more
In 2018, Colón has been honored as Ambassador of the National Puerto Rican Day Parade, and is the recipient of the esteemed Hispanic Heritage Award For Culture. He is also on the coveted panel of judges for the 2018 Youth Olympics in Buenos Aires.
Throughout his career Colón has also received Comite Noviembre’s Puerto Rican Heritage Award, VH1’s Hip Hop Honors Award, Ronald McDonald House Charities Lifetime Achievement Award and many, many more.
He is a distinguished member of the Cornell University Hip Hop Collection Advisory Board and is featured in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History and National Museum of African American History and Culture.
Recently, Colón was one of eight chosen pioneers in Google Doodle’s celebrated global interactive experience in honor of the 44th anniversary of the birth of Hip Hop. He was also featured on CNN’s United Shades of America to speak about the economic state of Puerto Rico—and how he’s using his name and influence to bring money and exposure to the island by way of Puerto Rock Steady.